Sparking electricity at KingKabs

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

THE taxi company Kingkabs had an electrical incident at Bridge Street at 5:26am on Friday December 12.

Two fire engines attended the incident with sparking and smoking electricity.

The electrical engineer dug up the pathway to isolate the supply.

The Fire and Rescue Service Cheshire confirmed:” Firefighters were called to KingKabs in Chester where the incoming electricity supply was sparking and smoking.”

“The electricity company was requested to attend and one fire engine remains at the scene while the area is made safe.”

A spokesman for Scottish Power said that the problem may have been caused by water dripping onto the meter inside the building, causing smouldering.

Scottish power confirmed that this was an isolated incident and said it was not connected to the power failure which caused a power cut in the city just hours before the Christmas lights’ switch-on.

He said:” There appears to have been some sort of leak within the building. We have engineers at the scene.”

The last power cut Chester faced was on November 20, 2014 and affected several businesses such as Scotts’ clothing store, the Commonhall Street Social and City News and threatened the light switch-on in the evening.

This was believed to have happened due to an underground fault outside the Steamer Trading Cookshop.

by Lisa Meller

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s